Production Quality Controller
Are you quality focused with strong attention to detail? Would you like the responsibility of checking that our product is always of the highest standard? If so, this job could be for you. Our QCs are key people in our business – they ensure our products comply with customer specifications and quality standards before they leave the factory.
You’ll need to develop great product knowledge and have the confidence to reject any product that does not meet specification; but we’ll give you all the training you need to be successful.
It is worth pointing out that this position is based in the factory on the beef boning lines. It involves the physical inspection of the product as opposed to a technical lab based position.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain effective communications between QC and technical department
- Manage and complete all specification and legal documentation as required
- Carry out visual and physical product integrity tests as scheduled and in a timely manner for contamination and presentation
- Check labelling and packaging of products is correct against customer specification
- Check crate composition, contents and product numbers against customer specification
- Complete and maintain data record sheets accurately
- Contribute to maintain a clean, tidy, safe and food safe working environment
- Ensure all final products are checked for all quality and hygiene attributes
- Reject any product which does not meet specifications, reporting quality defects and issues to line supervisor or production manager and retaining product for further inspection
- Cover for other QCs as required
- Complete CCP verification tests as required and document results
- To adhere to H&S policies at all times
Role Success Factors/Competency Requirements
- Effective execution
- Communication and influencing skills
- Customer focused
- Team player
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 06:00 to finish (average 42 hours/week)