Production Team Leader
We’re now hiring for an experienced Production Team Leader to join our growing company. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the area, and an exciting time to become a member of our successful team within our rapidly expanding business.
About ADM Protexin Ltd
ADM Protexin Ltd manufacture innovative, research based live bacteria products of the highest quality for the veterinary, human, agriculture and equine healthcare markets. With head office, manufacturing and distribution facilities based in Somerset, ADM Protexin distribute to over 90 countries worldwide. Learn more at www.protexin.com
Standard working hours are 2pm – 10pm Monday – Friday, with occasional Saturday
Daily responsibilities include:
Supporting our Production Manager and working alongside our existing Team Leaders, we are seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate Team Leader to focus on motivating the team, lean manufacturing processes and continuous improvement activities, to support the Company with continued growth and success.
- Supporting the Production Manager with day to day running of the production facility including staff management and supervision, but primarily focusing on lean manufacturing activities.
- Motivate the staff, in order to get high line efficiencies
- Identifying continuous improvement activities, with the goal of reducing product and packaging wastage.
- Identifying and implement changes to maximise machine efficiencies throughout the production facility.
- Work with other departments to identify process changes to support improvements to the flow of raw materials and goods, to prevent delays within the production facility.
- Working with the system development team to streamline and identify improvements for the use of the in-house ERP system (IFS) to continually develop the system and use within the production facility.
- Trouble shooting day to day issues and ensuring that all resolutions meet the requirements of product specifications and GMP standards.
- Providing training to operatives and colleagues to support the continuous improvement efforts of the business.
- Support the business with continual H&S compliance and improvement.
- Compliance to quality and food/feed safety standards, internal procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Experience managing and motivating a team is essential.
- Mechanical/machine operative background and sound knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement techniques.
- Formal qualifications in lean/continuous improvement are not essential, but could be beneficial.
- Ideally candidates will have worked within a GMP regulated facility or similar (BRC, ISO9001, BETA NOPS).
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and a high level of IT literacy, in particular working with ERP systems.
- Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment
- Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
- A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity
- Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company
- Attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits eg subsidized health & fitness offers
- Additional benefits and support for maternity and paternity leave
- ADM are an advocate of having a workforce who are aware of their mental health. In addition to our network of Mental Health First Aiders, all new starters to the business will be enrolled in ‘Mental Health Aware’ training within three months of joining the business.
Learn more about our business at: www.protexin.co.uk and www.adm.com
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company. If you feel this job is for you, unlock your potential and apply now online informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation. By applying for this position, you agree to ADM’s privacy notice.
Share this page