Professional Practitioner – Youth Offending Team
The Youth Offending Team focuses on early intervention and holistic multi-agency support, where young people are children first and offenders second.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We need a motivated and experienced professional practitioner to deliver our services and to support service delivery and projects. The professional practitioner will act as a specialist in Youth Justice.
A few things about you
- Act as a specialist practitioner within the team, providing support and guidance to other professionals.
- Act as a case holder for complex cases; make assessments, review risk, monitor and deliver quality interventions and supervise the work of Intervention workers.
- Help drive service improvements and embed corporate values to improve outcomes for young people.
- Take on lead responsibility for some areas of on-going, or time-limited work
- Set an example of professional behaviour for all staff that places the welfare of young people and families we work with, and the communities they live in, at the heart of what we do.
The vulnerability of the young people we work with is increasing, the society we live in is changing and the structures and frameworks within which we operate can be expected to alter and evolve at an increasing pace. We therefore need staff who are prepared to learn and adapt rapidly to these changing contexts, as demands arise.
The salary range for this role is £30,451 to £34,728 per annum
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Lynne Pickup on 07946 442029.
Please note this role requires access to a vehicle with business insurance as some of your time will be spent in the community completing direct interventions with children, young people and families.
All interviews will be taking place virtually, for example via Microsoft Teams and will be held on 5th and/or 7th July 2021
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
Why choose Somerset County Council
What we can offer you….
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.