Project Change and Improvement Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of Public Health’s Community Safety team which works to help communities in Somerset be and feel safer. This is a full-time (37 hours per week) post, fixed term for 18 months.
The key purpose of the role is to provide a specialist service to victims of domestic abuse who are seeking assistance to remain in their own home by improving security or assist in finding alternative solutions to keep them safe.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The role includes, but not limited to:
- To take a casework approach to Sanctuary scheme clients enquiry, keeping and maintaining detailed records of developments in each case and updating databases as appropriate.
- To provide excellent customer service whilst being sensitive to the needs of DA victims and supporting those who are vulnerable to engage with other agencies designed to support them.
- To represent the Sanctuary Scheme clients at MARAC (Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference) where appropriate and proportionate.
- To develop and maintain a wide range of productive working relationships with all partners including local authorities, Children Services, SIDAS, other specialised services
- To participate in the Somerset Domestic Abuse Board
- To assist in developing promotional content and publicise the Sanctuary Scheme using established networks
- To maintain comprehensive data about the Sanctuary Scheme and produce regular and on demand reports.
- To monitor and record the financial cost of each Sanctuary Scheme installation so that budgets can be effectively managed ensuring invoices are processed on time.
- To scrutinise the invoices against completed sanctuary works and to carry out regular random inspections to check the quality of work and ensure value for money.
A few things about you
You will have experience in change or project management and understanding of project management processes which demonstrates an ability to deliver to a timetable and quality criteria and be able to evaluate and analyse project documentation.
You will be a confident communicator, able to challenge in an appropriate and effective manner.
You will be able to interpret information, identifying the key items and develop subsequent reports.
You will have excellent IT skills with experience of using relevant project management software
You will be able to respond calmly and reflectively to problems, seeking solutions and modifying plans as appropriate or making recommendations for remedial action.
Works enthusiastically and proactively with others to progress project activity and develop creative, sustainable solutions.
Plan ahead and timetable requirements accurately.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
The salary for this role is £25,991 – £29,577 per annum.
Whilst having knowledge about domestic abuse is not essential, it would be advantageous if the post holder had an interest in the topic and understanding of the duties.
For further information about this post please contact Mrs Lucy Macready, Public Health Specialist Community Safety on 07887955440 or email LMacready@somerset.gov.uk
Interviews will be held 10th – 13th January 2022.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.