Project Fund Coordinator – Level Up
We are looking to appoint a Project Fund Coordinator to oversee the ‘Level Up’ project for 22.2 hours on a fixed term basis until 31st March 2022.
The Level Up project, funded through the Green Recovery Challenge Fund, is led by the Mendip Hills AONB Unit and hosted by Somerset County Council. The project will work across the three Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) in Somerset – the Mendip Hills, Blackdown Hills and Quantock Hills – along strategically important nature recovery networks to deliver pre-planned nature recovery and engagement work in partnership with Avon Wildlife Trust, Bristol Avon Rivers Trust, Somerset West and Taunton Council, Somerset Wildlife Trust, South West Heritage Trust and the three AONB teams.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will oversee an externally funded nature recovery project called ‘Level Up’, funded through Defra’s Green Recovery Challenge Fund (administered by the National Lottery Heritage Fund).
You will coordinate the Level Up Partnership Project Steering Group, ensuring regular meetings and strong lines of communication, preparing agendas and minutes, including regular updates and reports to managers and the funder.
You will coordinate the £248,900 funding in line with the Terms of Grant and project application, overseeing its programmes of work and ensuring partners and contractors deliver on time and spend their allocations in line with their Delivery Agreements by March 2022.
- Co-ordinate the Level Up Partnership Project Steering Group, ensure regular meetings and strong lines of communication, prepare agendas, minutes and reports, including regular updates to managers and the funder.
- Co-ordinate the £248,900 Defra grant-funded Green Recovery Challenge Fund project and its programmes of work, ensure partners deliver on time and spend their grant allocations in line with their Delivery Agreements. Keep clear and accurate budgets and record of spend.
- Work in partnership with AONB Unit and partnership staff and appoint and manage consultants/contractors to help deliver the project on time/in budget.
- Co-ordinate the collation of invoices, evidence and data for project monitoring and evaluation purposes. Maintain appropriate records and produce reports to the National Lottery Heritage Fund and project partners as required.
- Act as a central point of contact for all ‘Level Up’ information requests from partners and public received by phone, email and website, ensure that information and key messages are accurate and effective liaison between appropriate bodies.
- Promote the project to the wider community and AONB Partnerships through online and offline media in liaison with project partners.
- Implement and review partnership procedures, eg Health and Safety, consenting, procurement, project management data processing, in undertaking project work and management of volunteers and members of the public.
- Understand, uphold and promote the aims of Somerset County Council’s equality, diversity and inclusion policies; health, safety and wellbeing of self and others; and Organisational values in everything you do. Equality and Diversity practice covers both interaction with staff, service users and communities and includes challenging discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity for all.
The role will be based at the Mendip Hills AONB Unit, Charterhouse Centre, Blagdon, Bristol, BS40 7XR, however you will be working from home during the covid-19 pandemic until offices open again.
A few things about you
The ‘Level Up’ Project Partnership, led by the Mendip Hills AONB Unit and Somerset County Council, is looking for an experienced and motivated Project Fund Coordinator.
You will need to be well organised with good project management skills, be able to keep clear and accurate budgets and records, and be a good communicator with experience of working on similar partnership and/or externally funded projects. If you’re passionate about working in partnership for nature then we’d love to hear from you!
If you are interested in finding out more before applying, please get in touch with Tim Haselden, Project Development Officer via email email@example.com
Please note we aim for all recruitment activity to continue as expected, however due to COVID-19 all interviews will be taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams.
Interview: 16th March 2021
Share this job