The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Project Manager, Bridgwater (South West), Competitive Salary & Benefits
New opportunities have arisen at EDF Energy within HPC in the Project Management function, and at this time we are recruiting for a Project Manager (Emergency Diesel Generators) in the Equipment Programme. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a £1.8bn Programme that is managing the design, qualification, delivery and installation of key equipment at HPC. With c. 140 Tier 1 suppliers from across the world, there is never a dull moment!
We have another 5 years to go until Unit 1 is complete, then Unit 2, with Sizewell C on the horizon after this. If you are looking for a long-term career, driving extremely complex engineering challenges on one of the biggest infrastructure projects in Europe, then HPC could be for you.
Within the role there will be requirements for international travel across other business locations including Europe to meet our regular suppliers. The Hinkley Point C Project is split into 6 key programmes, which are in turn broken down into further contracts or packages of work in accordance with the Contract and Work Breakdown Structure(s). Each programme will be delivered in part by EDF resources and in part through one or more (interrelated) major contracts.
There are multiple Project Management roles within the Equipment Programme – Key fundamentals around these roles include:
- Management of design (in France or UK), procurement, qualification, manufacturing, testing, commercial and construction resources of between 10 and 50 staff.
- Manage major equipment contracts, with a value of £20-200m, the contracts are technically complex, typically in the electrical and mechanical engineering fields.
- The incumbent would be responsible for leading a Multiple-Disciplinary Team (MDT) comprising Technical, Project Controls, Quality, Site and the Supplier resources. There will also be Line Management Responsibilities for other Project Management Professionals.
- Regular interaction with Edvance (the Responsible Designer) in France and the UK and with HPC Site team(s) will be necessary as part of operating in a matrix management structure.
We are seeking experienced Project Managers who will demonstrate the strongest direction and leadership of all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of the major contracts assigned. Reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager you will be accountable for ensuring delivery of all engineering, procurement, qualification, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and handover activities for the life cycle of the contract or work package in accordance with the overall Project schedule.
This post will ensure planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
As a Project Manager you will have the ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation While respecting confidentiality your skills will determine focus to drive projects through to implementation.
You will demonstrate success in managing/developing:
- Control of costs, risk, schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools.
- Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery.
- Close out of commercial claims and the associated negotiations.
- Procurement and management of complex contracts.
- Management of a global supply chain.
- Multi-discipline EPCM projects.
The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering multiple simultaneous projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
Working knowledge of the French language would also be an advantage. It is essential that you will have a track record of delivering large £20-200m projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
- Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
- Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either; APM body of knowledge and OGC’s Prince 2.
- Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders, can demonstrate experience of managing project through the project lifecycle from concept to handover.
- Understanding the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled, good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills with strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC and/or FIDIC contracts.
- Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk about flexibility in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job