Projects Delivery Manager
Avon and Somerset Police are looking for an experienced project management professional to work with a team of project managers to oversee the delivery of a suite of projects that form part of our diverse portfolio. This role presents an exciting opportunity to work for one of the largest police forces in the UK, managing the delivery of a portfolio of services and solutions to police colleagues and our communities.
Your role will be highly collaborative, working with senior leaders and managers within the organisation to cause and enable transformation and improvement that delivers value, and drives the organisation further towards its vision of being an ‘outstanding police service’.
Flexible hybrid working is available, you can work from home for a proportion of your week and also spend time with colleagues working in the office (some travel across the force area as required).
Our Project and Programme team:
You will be joining a department of around 120 staff, and a project and programme delivery team of 14 people. We deliver a diverse range of projects that range from ensuring our technical infrastructure is fit for purpose to digital, user centric projects that have a direct impact on the capacity and capability of frontline policing colleagues. A team who is strategic, and passionate about process improvement, innovation and efficiency.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of projects and programmes through their whole lifecycle.
- Working with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to ensure successful delivery of change.
- Providing general consultancy in relation to project and programme management and associated disciplines.
- Supporting colleagues across the force with specific professional and technical advice, guidance and best practice.
- Understanding the high-level technical architecture and be able to facilitate debate and drive decisions on appropriate solutions.
- Working with teams to identify, implement and embed areas for process improvement, innovation and efficiency.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working with third party suppliers, managing relationships, and ensuring delivery within time, quality and cost tolerances.
- Experience of leading and delivering change projects and programmes, managing large budgets and ensuring efficient resource utilisation.
- Experience of using and applying industry standard change/project/programme management methodologies including waterfall and agile approaches.
- Skilled negotiator and influencer with a proven track record of building and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to utilise a range of channels, adapt styles to suit a variety of situations and ensuring complex matters are articulated clearly.
- Experience of managing and developing strong multi-disciplinary/cross-functional teams in a mature IT environment.
- Knowledge of MSP and Prince2 or similar methodologies would be an advantage.
If you are looking for a new opportunity and something different to anything you have done before, then consider Avon and Somerset Police. We are one of the largest forces in the UK, policing multi-cultural communities in a beautiful part of the country “the gateway to the west” providing the opportunity for a fantastic quality of life.
We value our employees and believe in a healthy work-life balance, at Avon and Somerset Police you are rewarded with fantastic benefits including our flexible working scheme which is designed to give our people a degree of flexibility on start and finish times. We welcome applications from candidates looking for flexible and/or part time hours.
We are looking for people who share our values of caring, inclusive, courageous and learning.
Avon and Somerset Police encourage flexible working where operationally possible.
This role has been identified as a blended role.
The successful candidate for this role will have the opportunity to work from home whilst also at a secondary work location, which will be a police premises. The successful applicant will have the option to discuss working arrangements with their line manager. For more information please see attached the blended working principles. All applicants must reside within the UK.