Quality Assurance Officer – Nights
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We’re a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We’re blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We’re a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products.
We’re an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we’re a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow.
Learn more at www.adm.com.
About ADM Protexin Ltd
ADM Protexin Ltd manufacture innovative, research based live bacteria products of the highest quality for the veterinary, human, agriculture and equine healthcare markets. With head office, manufacturing and distribution facilities based in Somerset, ADM Protexin distribute to over 90 countries worldwide. Learn more at www.protexin.com
- Support manufacture of products by making QA decisions during batch manufacturing and ensuring GMP is adhered to at all times
- Execute documentation and batch reviews as required
- Inspect and release final products as per Company policies
- Investigate complaints and monitor CAPAs related to production
- Support delivery of product release targets, including ensuring timely batch review activities and batch disposition of any deviations with impact to product release
- Lead and support the execution of timely deviations and complaints investigations
- Ensure timely completion of all Quality System commitments
- Support the preparation and development of Annual Product Quality reviews
- Support validation programs and change control as required
- Proactively identify and support implementation of continuous improvement opportunities in QA and Operations
- Ensure that all measuring equipment that may have an impact on product quality is calibrated to traceable standards through its life cycle, using the electronic equipment management systems and related tracking sheets
- Ensure timely completion of all GMP commitments
- Ensure timely communication of significant GMP and product quality issues to QA Management
- Comply with EHS/GMP/GDP/Company and Corporate policies and external regulatory requirements;
- Ensure facility and process compliance through attendance of activities (e.g. Gemba), identifying actions and facilitate implementation
- Support QC Officer with raw material testing, release and Quarantine area issues, where required
- Support supplier complaints, managing samples for evaluation and investigation results, and liaise with Central Supplier Management teams to address and resolve issues
- Facilitate the implementation of an ‘Audit Ready’ complaint site which is always ready for MHRA, ISO9001, FEMAS, UFAS, FSSC and other internal or 3rd party audits
- Support the completion of audit findings and fully investigate to find the root cause and actions to address the audit findings are carried out in a timely manner.
Standard working hours are 10pm – 6am Monday – Friday.
- Degree or BTEC (or equivalent) in Science related subject
- At least 2 years experience in a quality role
- Strong work ethic and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Challenging tasks, short decision-making processes and a high level of personal responsibility in a modern work environment
- Room for innovative thinking and growth with the possibility to manage your own career path.
- A company culture which promotes continuous learning and diversity
- Excellent career opportunities in a world leading nutrition company
- Attractive remuneration including a variety of social benefits eg subsidised health & fitness offers
- Additional benefits and support for maternity and paternity leave
ADM are an advocate of having a workforce who are aware of their mental health. In addition to our network of Mental Health First Aiders, all new starters to the business will be enrolled in ‘Mental Health Aware’ training within three months of joining the business.
Learn more about our business at: www.protexin.com and www.adm.com