Range Space Planner
Having surpassed £2bn in sales in a record-breaking year and an ambitious growth plan in place, there has never been a more exciting time to join Screwfix. As part of the range team, you will develop and drive a best-in-class format, space and ranging planning strategy across the business that delivers to the agreed business outcomes. You will lead space data analytics and reporting, producing robust analysis on category space and range performance to drive the optimum matrix and distribution across our channel formats.
- Optimise performance and KPI delivery by identifying easy wins as well as more fundamental changes that could drive improvement.
- Provide visibility of sales and margin analysis resulting in optimum range construction and ongoing improvement of the customer offer.
- Define and develop key metrics for space utilisation in stores
- Execute the delivery of robust processes and effective tools to understand the performance of range & space, including being the business owner of the ranging tool, recommending actionable change to improve all channel sales and stock utilisation.
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with key stakeholders in developing and leading a space planning programme with clear KPI’s
- Provide guidance in the creation, revision and maintenance of range optimisation and assortment planning aligned to corporate strategy
- Owner of the space planning and format review calendar/process and responsibility for driving this within commercial
- Continually review performance and the impact of changes to space strategy, present and share clear findings for recommendations and for lessons learned
- Identify, improve, and innovate tools to enable accurate analysis of space. Develop range assortments that distribute our products in the optimal way that will meet our commercial targets and the expectation of our customers in all formats.
- Working closely with the Category teams to develop their product strategy around space, both in terms of forward-thinking strategy and trading
- Manage the integrity of the data within our analysis tools and recommend improvements to processes to ensure tools and data are as accurate as possible
- Develop a thorough understanding of trading drivers and use this to drive commercial performance and update the ranging playbook
- Entrepreneurial mindset – comfortable in a highly ambiguous and fast paced environment, able to take responsibility from day one and work independently by following processes and own directions
- Extremely numerate and analytical, able to interpret trends in numerical data and quickly appraise complex scenarios
- Advanced Excel modelling capabilities and experience scenario planning, identifying risks and opportunities in the short, medium and long term,
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with the ability to work effectively with people in different teams across the business
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- In-house training and development
Sustainability at Screwfix
We are committed to running our operations sustainably and supporting our customers to make sustainable choices. We want every colleague to feel involved and to champion sustainability in their area, ensuring that sustainability is at the heart of how we work.
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page