Trull Primary School
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Salary: Grade 14 Point 4 £18,933 pro rata
Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 3.30pm (32½ hours per week)
Term time plus 5 inset days
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated receptionist/administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will be someone with excellent communication and organisational skills who can work confidently and flexibly in a busy school environment. You will be our first point of contact for all visitors so a friendly, approachable and professional manner is essential.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Greeting visitors and ascertaining purpose of their visit.
- Managing the school website.
- Answering telephone calls and responding to school emails.
- Handling school communications including producing the weekly newsletter.
- Recording attendance and following up on absent children.
- Assisting with the administration of school lunches, clubs, trips and before & after school care using the school’s cash office system.
- General office duties including distributing the post, typing, photocopying and maintaining the school diary.
- Administer medicine and first aid and record appropriately.
- Undertaking secretarial duties for the Headteacher.
A ‘can do’ attitude is essential and the person appointed will be passionate about supporting the staff and children in our school. The post will be of interest to those looking to develop their careers in school administration. Experience of SIMS would be an advantage but training will be given.
Visits to our school are actively encouraged. If you would like to arrange a visit please contact the School Business Manager on 01823 333239 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details and an application form can be found on our website: www.trullprimary.com
Closing date: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 12 noon
Interview date: Thursday 29th April 2021
Trull CE VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people which we expect all staff and volunteers to share. We follow Safer Recruitment Guidelines and the successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Share this job