Looking to start your career in recruitment and HR?
Here at Somerset County Council we have a fantastic opportunity for a Recruitment Assistant to join our growing recruitment team.
So if you’re a team player, customer focussed with a keen eye for detail then read on, as we may have the ideal opportunity…
This is a fixed term opportunity until 31/03/2023.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will be the first point of contact for candidates and hiring managers going through the recruitment journey, providing support and guidance. You will:
- Be responsible for the day to day support of the recruitment process, providing advice and guidance to applicants and internal/external staff.
- Maintain and update electronic records using our applicant tracking system
- Provide advice, guidance and training as needed.
- Identify areas for improvement and make suggestions, taking ownership of actions to see improvements through to resolution.
- Manage your own workload on a daily basis.
A few things about you
To take on this role, you’ll need:
- A great way with people and the ability to work well in a team.
- An excellent eye for detail and good IT skills.
- To be able to work quickly and efficiently and be able to maintain high standards, even when working to conflicting deadlines.
- To be adaptable to change and have the enthusiasm to learn new processes and systems
While some experience of recruitment would be great, it’s not essential as full training is provided. You will be well supported by your manager and team with regular one to ones.
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Heather Cross, Recruitment Team Leader on email@example.com or 01823 356739.
We recommend applying as soon as possible. Depending on the level of response, we anticipate conducting interviews – and potentially making an offer – ahead of the closing date.
Salary £19,264 to £20,043 per annum (starting salary dependent on experience)
From 1 April 2023 the County and District councils in Somerset will be replaced by a new single unitary authority – Somerset Council. It’s a genuinely exciting time to join us as we work together with the four district councils to deliver the new council for Somerset
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.