Devon and Cornwall Police
Regional Forensics Imaging Examiner
The role of a Regional Forensics Imaging Examiner is to provide specialist forensic Imaging services and specialist forensic image-based media knowledge to the SW Regional Police forces (Devon & Cornwall, Avon & Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset Police).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creating sanitised digital products from crime scenes, to be exhibited in the courtroom.
- Creating 3d models from 2d sources.
- Editing, optimising, producing and publishing evidential images obtained from crime scenes.
- Attending complex crime scenes to acquire images and data for digital crime scene and incident reconstruction.
- To advise, liaise and instruct on specialist photographic, imagery or equipment to the regional Crime Scene Investigators.
- To attend complex serious crime investigations and provide specialist capabilities.
- To assist serious crime investigators by production of evidential products for court.
- Create 3d digital crime scene reconstruction for display in a courtroom.
Extensive on the job training will be provided so please consider applying or contact to discuss the role requirements.
Desirable to have experience and/or relevant qualifications in producing multimedia designs and illustrations. Do not worry if you do not have the experience and qualifications listed as extensive training will be provided on the job, so provide evidence of as much relevant information as possible to support your application.
For further information please see the attached role profiles.
Interviews will take place:- Week commencing 3rd September 2022
A&S employees will remain on their home force job description, terms and conditions and salary (SO1) if successful during the recruitment process.
For more information regarding this role please contact Peter Haig, Regional Forensics Imaging Manager – email: email@example.com.
To submit your application and for more information please click the link here: