We are looking for a Registered General Nurse / RGN with a passion for delivering the best quality of care, to join us at our specialist inpatient services for older adults who have a mental health illness and/or a learning disability.
This is a full time role, you will be working 38.5 hours per week, across our Older Adults Acute Services – Mulberry Ward and Swift Ward, at Cygnet Hospital Taunton.
Cygnet Hospital Taunton is a 54 bed CQC rated ‘Good’ service, that provides specialist inpatient services for older adults with mental health problems and for men diagnosed with a learning disability. The hospital also provides an acute inpatient admissions service for men over the age of 18.
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
- Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Relocation package
- RCNi membership
- Bespoke career pathways
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Plus many more…
You will have…
- Experience as a Registered Generl Nurse with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- Experience within a an older adult acute service or mental health setting.
- The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Swift Ward is an acute service for older women. We admit individuals at a crisis point in their lives or due to a relapse in their mental health.
Mulberry Ward is an acute service for older men. We admit patients at a crisis point in their lives or due to a relapse in their mental health.
The aim across both of these wards is to support individuals through a period of crisis and help them move on to the least restrictive environment as soon as possible. We have successfully supported people to transition into supported living, nursing homes and back into their own homes, as well as onto further specialist care where required.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!