Location: Stockmoor Lodge, Bridgwater
Full Time / Days
Our nurses and care teams are at the heart of our high quality person-centred care. The passion our teams have for supporting well being, customer care and individualized nursing support is exceptional.
Stockmoor Lodge, our 92 bed nursing home specialises in exceptional Dementia and Elderly Nursing care provision. With 2 Nursing wings, 3 Residential wings and a Dementia suite, this is an incredibly interesting and dynamic setting to work in. This fantastic opportunity offers the ideal environment for someone really looking to progress their career in care or begin their journey with us
This full time position, working nights offers shifts that typically start at 7.45 am through to 8 pm ( half shifts are also available too) days with weekend shifts included.
In this incredibly rewarding role, no two days are the same, with your responsibilities including; Assessing, planning and implementing clinical care, Assisting with service user reviews, Assisting with clinical interventions and supervision, Assisting with daily living routines and personal care, Administering medicines and treatments, Maintaining CQC compliance, best practice and safeguarding standards,Supporting family members and much more.
To join us you’ll need:
- Valid NMC registration with a current NMC Pin
- Ideally 12 months post registration experience, competent in all basic RN procedures
- Excellent clinical track record, able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of person-centered care, CQC care practices, nursing theory and best practice
- A caring, kind and professional approach, passionate about exceptional standards of care to support older people
- To possess excellent interpersonal skills to enable concise meaningful and compassionate communication with colleagues, customers and their families
- A flexible, collaborative ‘can do’ approach with strong work ethics, able to work cohesively with a multi-disciplined team and engage with new ideas
About Stockmoor Lodge
It holds a ‘Good’ CQC rating and is Somerset Care’s newest care home. Opened in 2017 this modern, purpose-built nursing home has a fantastic team of highly-trained, qualified nurses and experienced health care assistants who are all extremely passionate and dedicated to providing exceptional person centred care.
Benefits of the RGN role:
We never underestimate the hard work and commitment our care teams provide and we value and respect our colleagues for everything they do We offer a wide range of benefits listed below, but there is so much more to this role.
- £up to £39k dependent on experience
- Up to £5,00 WELCOME BONUS (T&C’s apply)
- 28 days paid annual leave, inclusive of Bank Holidays (pro rata based on hours)
- Enhanced pay for bank holidays, Christmas & New Year
- Automatic enrolment in our company pension
- Free DBS checks
- Free or subsidised meals
- Full company induction programme
- Excellent ongoing training support thereafter (mandatory, specialist & development)
- Opportunities for career progression across the Group
- Long service awards, Annual Care Awards and staff recognition schemes
- Discounts of up to 20% across hundreds of retailers & online via MyCaringRewards
- Access to a proportion of your earnings before payday via our Wagestream system
At Somerset Care our values and culture are what makes us different. It’s a culmination of all the things we do and the way we do them that makes us a very special company to work for.
As one of the major care providers in Southern England and one of the largest not for profit care companies in the UK, we offer a range of care and support services to assist those that need our help the most. We’re proud to put the needs of our customers at the heart of everything we do.
If you would like to be part of our team making a real difference to people’s lives apply today, or to find out more, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01823 448321
Somerset Care, so much more rewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………