Somerset Libraries is looking for relief drivers at Bibliographic Services, Bridgwater.
The post is to cover absences for our stock delivery drivers. They deliver books and other materials from the Library Centre in Bridgwater to libraries in Somerset, South Gloucester, North Somerset, Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, Dorset and Poole.
We currently have three vans that deliver Mondays to Fridays on a regular basis, starting between 7.15 am and 8.15 am.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
This role is predominantly a mix of physical handling, moving on average 200 crates of stock per day of approximately 10 kilos each, and driving. The role also involves other warehouse or vehicle related tasks.
A few things about you
A clean driving licence is essential as is proven experience of driving a long wheel-base van in a working environment. You will have a good geographical knowledge of Somerset and working experience of manual handling.
The salary for this role is £9.62 per hour.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For more information about this post please contact Teresa Butt, Supervisor at Bibliographic Services 07976 611659 or via email TButt2@somerset.gov.uk
The hourly rate for this role is £9.62
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.