We have an exciting opportunity to join our enthusiastic transport team as a Relief driver based in Bridgwater.
This will be in various shifts and times to suit both you and the operation.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Your duties will include:
- Delivering a friendly and reliable service for our service users.
- Safe Operation of SCC Vehicles.
- Completion of Daily vehicle Checks before use.
- The transportation of the service users within a safe and timely manner.
- In most cases, working in conjunction with a passenger assistant to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all.
A few things about you
You will need a D1 category on your licence and a willingness to work as part of a flexible and committed team.
For an informal chat about a role with us, please contact Steve Osborne on 01278 454617 or email at: email@example.com.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join us as our driver, then please click ‘apply online’, we’d love to hear from you!
From 1 April 2023 the County and District councils in Somerset will be replaced by a new single unitary authority – Somerset Council. It’s a genuinely exciting time to join us as we work together with the four district councils to deliver the new council for Somerset.
Salary: £9.99 per hour
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a car or bicycle for work
• Staff benefit scheme offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits, holidays, gym membership and more.
A Criminal Record Check will be required for this role