Relief Passenger Assistant
Transporting Somerset requires a Relief Passenger Assistant to work as part of the Fleet Operations Team in the Bridgwater area. Relief work patterns vary depending on the needs of the service and how much you wish to work.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Are you kind, versatile, flexible, able to get on well with people, and have previous experience of caring for people?
If this sounds like you, would you like to be part of our Transport Team, working in the Bridgwater area, accompanying people with disabilities to and from their homes, mainly on minibuses, and assisting with their needs on the vehicles?
A few things about you
You would have contact with parents, carers and others who provide services, so good communication between these people are crucial.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Steve Osborne on 01278 454617.
All interviews will be taking place virtually over MS Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Share this job