Relief PSV Driver
We’re looking for suitably qualified and reliable PSV Drivers to join our hard-working driving team on a casual basis to work at the heart of our new Public Service Vehicle (PSV) operation.
Relief patterns vary depending on the needs of the service and how much you wish to work
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Based in the Bridgwater area, our team of hard working and professional PSV Drivers are the front line of our service and are a vital part of what makes it such a success. As a Somerset County Council Relief PSV Driver, you will undertake a variety of driving duties ranging from getting pupils to and from their education, community transport, and other routes as and when required to support our full-time staff.
A few things about you
We are looking for people who have previous experience and availability at short notice, to provide excellent customer service and a safe and comfortable journey for all our passengers.
You must hold a:
- A full Category D PCV driving licence
- An up-to-date Driver CPC qualification
- .Digital Tachograph Card is preferred but not essential.
If you would like to find out more about these exciting opportunities before applying, feel free to get in touch with Steve Osborne on 01278 454617.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Share this job