Research Admin Assistant
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
The Trust has a thriving research portfolio with an increase in new Clinical Trial projects each year. We are also sponsoring more studies and, extending the scope of local, national and international collaborative projects.
We are looking for a Research Admin Assistant to join our hub team. You will need to have great administration skills with a real eye for detail, good communication and IT skills and the ability to plan, prioritise and flex your workload.
Some awareness of research and research governance processes would be desirable, with knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) an advantage, although there is a full and comprehensive induction package in place.
Please contact us to discuss the role and meet the team.
Main duties of the job
The Department of Clinical Research has a Clinical Trial Administrator Hub which is led by Lead Clinical Trials Administrator (Lead CTA). The hub team are a very busy team with a varied portfolio of Trials & a workload to match.
As the Research Admin Assistant, you will be working alongside the hub team to ensure trials are; set up and obtain confirmation of Capacity and Capability, maintained with the processing of project amendments and closed by archiving project documentation in accordance with legislative requirements, Departmental and Trust Standards as defined by the Trust Research Policy and National Institute for Healthcare Research (NIHR) objectives.
Working for our organisation
The successful candidate can expect all the perks of working within the NHS as well as;
- Joining a friendly, supportive team who work extremely well together
- Playing an integral part of important Clinical Trials
- Learning something new & interesting each day
If you think you can work in a busy environment we’d like to hear from you.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist the Clinical Trial Administrators with;
- Project setup, ensuring projects gain confirmation of Capacity and Capability in a timely manner.
- Process routine amendments
- Assist the Clinical Trials Administrator when complex amendment changes are required
- Maintaining Trial documentation & Filing
- Support the Department’s Trial Close-down process
- Good standard of education: English, Mathematics and a Science GCSE grade A-C(or equivalent)
- NVQ level 3 in business and administration (similar demonstrable experience and willingness to work towards qualification would be considered)
- Or Vocational Level 3 in business and administration or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Office
- Good Clinical Practice in relation to trial administration and maintenance of clinical research site files
- UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research
- Medical terminology
- Knowledge of NHS, especially patient diagnostic pathways
- PLANNING & ORGANISING SKILLS
- PHYSICAL SKILLS
- NHS experience (or experience in clinical trial industry)
- Data Management
- Experience of clinical research or ethical submission process