Frugi is the UK’s bestselling organic childrenswear brand, proving that ethical and organic clothing can be bright, beautiful and successful! The company was born in 2004 and continues to grow at 25% every year, selling through a rapidly expanding network of over 500 stockists in more than 25 countries worldwide.
We strive to be ethical in everything we do, each year donating 1% of our turnover to our Little Clothes BIG Change charity project which includes a children’s charity, the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and an orphanage in India.
In 2019 we partnered with TotsBots with whom we share the same values and principles around ethics and sustainability. Through this partnership we are able to bring the Frugi, TotsBots and Bloom & Nora brands together, expanding our product offering and our team.
We have been awarded 3 Queens Awards, been earmarked by both the Best Companies ‘Ones to Watch’ list and The Sunday Times Fast Track ‘Ones to Watch’ list, received GOLD in the Healthy Workplace Awards for 3 consecutive years, expanded to more than 120 permanent team members with even more joining us for our busy seasons, accelerated our turnover year after year, donated over £850k to charity, and eaten a lot of pasties (and cake!).
We strive to be the most fun, desirable and trusted clothing brand on the planet, but this is only the start of it…
With previous experience within a retail environment, you’ll be confident in delivering a stellar customer experience to everyone who visits our store. You’ll have a passion for the Frugi Group brand and play an active role in ensuring sales targets are met and engage customers in the brand story. You’ll be commercially aware and effective at building relationships with our highly treasured customers and colleagues across the business. You’ll also be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work flexibly across a number of key tasks.
Your Role in a Nutshell
As a Retail Assistant, you’ll immerse yourself within the Frugi Group brands and develop outstanding product knowledge. You’ll deliver an excellent shopping experience for our customers by assisting them to make the right purchases and create a lasting impression of the Frugi brands.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Welcome and greet customers, understand their needs and guide them to the right products
- Be sales-minded and upsell Frugi group products, where possible.
- Deliver outstanding customer service, and combine your sense of fun with energy and enthusiasm.
- Process customer purchases, payments, returns, and exchanges in line with the Frugi group policies and procedures.
- Support the management and the rest of the team in maximising profitability, drive store sales and in ensuring sales targets are met.
- Maintain shop standards with high levels of visual merchandising to ensure sales targets are met.
- Maintain stock levels as required, checking deliveries to ensure stock is not damaged and reporting any issues to the Warehouse.
- Assist in maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the store and ensure H&S guidelines are complied with at all times.
- Previous experience within a busy retail environment.
- Be able to deliver outstanding customer service and be commercially aware.
- Personable and effective at building relationships with customers and colleagues across the business.
- Creative and innovative thinker and ‘out of the box’ problem solver.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a permanent contract of up to 12 hours per week working across weekdays and weekends.
- You’ll be based at our new outlet store at Clarks Village Shopping Centre in Street.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive hourly rate of £9.50 per hour.
- We’ll support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities.
- We offer fabulous career progression – as we grow, you’ll grow too!
- If we have a good year, we’ll share our profits with the team.
- We provide a generous holiday allowance and the option to buy or sell holiday.
- We provide paid volunteer days, enabling you to give your time to a cause close to your heart
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- We’ll give you a whopping 60% discount across our fantastic range.
- We’ll invite you to take part in our award-winning health & wellbeing activities.
- We hold regular team events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer a dynamic, innovative and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things Frugi – so go for it!!
Closing date: 31st May 2022. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, Frugi are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 8 – 12 per week
Salary: Up to £9.50 per hour
Share this page