Mitie has a great opportunity for a Retail Store Detective to join the Total Security Management Team.
Retail Store Detectives must be available to cover various shift patterns as well as being flexible in their approach to working locations and potential changes to working patterns.
- The store detective will work in collaboration with all members of the security team to achieve a safe and secure shopping environment free from crime and the fear of crime
- Utilising conflict resolution in order to diffuse difficult situations that may arise within the workplace.
- Reporting to the Security Operations Manager – they must record, report and escalate all incidents and arrests using the process/system/technology as required throughout their shift.
- They will always be mindful of the legal requirements associated with powers of arrest, detain and welfare responsibilities to ensure the personnel safety of all Mitie /Sainsbury’s personnel and members of the public
- Ensure effective communication to Officers and colleagues that create an integrated and coordinated approach to crime prevention and detection
- Adopting an intuitive approach to store layout taking into consideration store demographic and associated risks.
- The store detective will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Frontline Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential, CCTV Licence would be beneficial
- Strong Customer Service, client focused attitude with the ability to build good working relationships
- Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal
- Adaptable communication style to meet the needs of different people groups
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Resilient and tenacious with a can do approach
- Capability in the use of technology
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential
- A Full UK Driving licence is preferred, dependant on geographical requirements
It’s the little things that count –
On top of the usual rewards you’d expect to see from a large company, such as – holidays, pension, tax-free childcare schemes and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people’s well-being and enjoyment at work. A comprehensive training programme is in place to support personnel development
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. A more detailed job description will be available at interview should you be successful in your application. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.