You’ll play a pivotal role in providing consistent support, advice and training to our ever-growing Trade Counter estate. You’ll support the business in all legislative compliance areas, with particular focus on H&S, Fire and environment. Ensuring teams are fully trained and working in line with Screwfix best practice, you’ll identify and review processes and policies, making any recommendations for improvements to the Head of risk.
- ensure Health and Safety risk assessments are carried out and ensure risk control measures are implemented
- identify and review processes and policies and make recommendations for improvements to minimise the risks from hazards in the workplace
- work closely with our delivery and construction partners
- carry out safety inspections to ensure compliance with legislation and Screwfix H&S and fire standards and policies.
- ensure work equipment is installed, maintained and regularly inspected;
- carry out accident investigations and champion necessary changes required to prevent recurrence
- liaise and be the first point of contact to external enforcing bodies and providers
- provide expertise and guidance to ensure Trade Counter regulatory compliance and closure of issues identified during Kingfisher safety audits.
- lead in-house training to Screwfix management and colleagues in relation to their Health and Safety responsibilities
- keep up to date records of inspection and accident investigation findings, make and follow up on recommended actions.
- provide inspection & accident data and recommendation to Screwfix management
- work closely with Area Managers and Trade Counter Managers to improve proactive behaviours
- keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect Screwfix;
Required skills & experience
You’re an innovative and strategic thinker, who’s looking for a varied and proactive next step. You’ve ideally got a NEBOSH/ equivalent qualification along with experience of CDM. You’ve advised on Health and Safety issues in a multi-site retail environment previously and interpreted H&S legislation to Managers and other colleagues. You’ve got experience carrying out accident investigations, recommending remedial actions and reporting to the business at all levels. Committed to driving a safe working environment, you pride yourself on your functional expertise and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of construction safety, delivery safety. Safety training.
- Competent user of Powerpoint, Excel and Teams.
- Experience with safety management systems.
- Has a recognised qualification in Health & Safety. NEBOSH/C&G
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com