Saturday Library & Information Assistant
2.5 hours per week every Saturday
If you haven’t visited a Library in a while you may not fully appreciate what we offer, from Lego groups and Code Clubs, to IT courses and Baby Boogie sessions, and anything and everything to do with reading for pleasure.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Libraries are about books and so much more. We are offering this brilliant opportunity for you to join us as we continue to evolve as an innovative service. From day one you’ll be working in a customer centred environment, a busy community hub that serves a diverse range of people, partners and organisations.
A few things about you
We are looking for a well-motivated person to provide a welcoming environment to our customers. You will be hard-working and receptive to change, with a wide general knowledge, an interest in books, and a digital curiosity. You’ll work in a team, dealing with enquiries and requests and promoting our services. You’ll be encouraging the love of reading through a range of promotional activities. Confidence in the use of digital technology is essential; as you will be helping customers to use our equipment and their own.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available.
From 1 April 2023 the County and District councils in Somerset will be replaced by a new single unitary authority – Somerset Council. It’s a genuinely exciting time to join us as we work together with the four district councils to deliver the new council for Somerset.
If you are interested in finding out more before applying please contact Liz MacNeil-STone on 07824082067 or via email email@example.com.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
The salary for this role is £1,276 to £1,301 per annum
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a car or bicycle for work
• Staff benefit scheme offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits, holidays, gym membership and more.
Share this page