Scaffold Design Engineer
To act as the scaffold design engineer for Altrad Services during the delivery of its MEHJV scope of works at Hinkley Point C nuclear new build power station.
(main day-to-day activities and the outputs of the role the individual is expected to deliver)
· Production of drawings using the latest AutoCAD and other Autodesk software.
· Creation of detailed engineering calculations in accordance with the relevant British and
European standards using structural analysis software where required.
· Production of all relevant documentation in adherence with company and MEHJV procedures along with CDM regulations.
· Liaison with Altrad management, MEHJV partners, operational supervisors and client rep-
resentatives to ensure optimum solutions are reached.
· Provision of guidance, advice and technical support where applicable.
· Checking of designs in accordance with BS5975
Qualifications / Experience:
(Academic qualifications as well as experience)
· HNC, HND or Degree in civil, mechanical or structural engineering.
· 2 years experience in the design of scaffolding structures
· Problem solver, organised, ability to prioritise and deliver within a high-paced environment.
· I.T. literate and fully proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. A working
knowledge of structural analysis software would be a distinct advantage.
· Commitment drive and the ability to work on one’s own initiative.
(The list of roles the job-holder most frequently interacts with)
· MEHJV Project Delivery Lead & Partner organisation representatives
· Altrad MEHJV Project and construction managers
· Altrad MEHJV Scaffold Technical Authority · Senior Scaffold Design Engineer · Other Scaffold Designers · Operational Staff · Client Contacts
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job