Somerset Public Health Nursing Service is delighted to offer the opportunity to join our dynamic School Nursing Team in Central and East Mendip.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The School Nursing Service comprises of a skill mix team that deliver core and targeted health input through the Healthy child programme for school aged children and their families.
A few things about you
We’re looking for a registered nurse with the following attributes:
- Specialist Public Health Nurse in School Nursing qualification
- Highly motivated and innovative practitioner
- Good leadership skills
- A knowledge base in safeguarding and child protection processes.
- Strong Public Health focus
- Fully committed to improving the health and well-being of our children and families in Somerset
You must be an NMC registered Nurse or Midwife with SCPHN qualification with an interest in addressing the health needs of school aged children.
Applicants must have a full valid driving licence and have access to a car for work. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010.
For further details please contact Helena Reid on Hreid@somerset.gov.uk.
All interviews will provisionally be taking place virtually over MS Teams on week commencing 3rd May.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This job requires a criminal background check (DBS) via the disclosure procedure.
Share this job