A Fashion Designer
A wonderful opportunity has arisen for a professional Seamstress / Dressmaker to join our team, working for a well-known bespoke fashion label in Somerset.
- To make vintage 1930s / 1940s inspired dresses and accessories from ready-made patterns using silk or viscose fabric.
- We offer customers a selection of different styles in different fabrics and sizes, and it would be your job to make the garment according to their order.
- Graded patterns are provided but occasionally you will need to adjust the dress size according to the customers measurements.
- You could work flexibly from home (but you have the option to work in-house)
- We would ask that each garment could be made within 2-4 days of making the order. Usually dresses take around 4 hours to make.
- There’s the opportunity to make 1-6 dresses per week depending on your availability
- We pay a fixed amount per item, at a competitive rate (works out at around £15-25ph). This can vary depending on the complexity of the design.
- Must have proven long-term experience
- Should be able to complete high-quality made-to-measure garments
- Should be based in the West Country (preferably the Wiltshire / Somerset)
- Must be comfortable working with fine materials (such as silk and velvet)
- Preferably to have access to an overlocker
We are also looking for an Embroiderer as a separate job, should you be interested in this role.
Start date – Immediate
If you are interested in the Seamstress / Dressmaker job or the Embroiderer job then please do get in touch by clicking on the apply button.