Botique Fashion Brand in Somerset, Frome
A wonderful opportunity has arisen for a professional seamstress/dressmaker to join our team, working for a well-known bespoke fashion label in Somerset.
– To make vintage 1930s/1940s inspired dresses and accessories from ready-made patterns using silk or viscose fabric.
– We offer customers a selection of different styles in different fabrics and sizes, and it would be your job to make the garment according to their order.
– Graded patterns are provided but occasionally you will need to adjust the dress size according to the customers measurements.
– You could work flexibly from home (but you have the option to work in-house)
– We would ask that each garment could be made within 2-4 days of making the order. Usually dresses take around 4 hours to make.
– There’s the opportunity to make 1-6 dresses per week depending on your availability
– We pay a fixed amount per item, at a competitive rate. This can vary depending on the complexity of the design.
– Must have proven long-term experience
– Should be able to complete high-quality made-to-measure garments
– Should be based in the West Country (preferably the Wiltshire/Somerset)
– Must be comfortable working with fine materials (such as silk and velvet)
– Preferably to have access to an overlocker
We are also looking for an embroiderer as a separate job, should you be interested in this role.
Start date – Immediate
If you are interested please do get in touch!