Seasonal Mail Sorters
Location: TAUNTON, GB, TA1 1AA
Company: Royal Mail Group
Put your stamp on Christmas – become a Seasonal Mail Sorter at Royal Mail
Unsurprisingly, Christmas is the busiest time of year at Royal Mail. And with so many parcels and letters flowing through our warehouse, we always need a few thousand extra hands! Every year over the holiday season, temporary flexible workers from all walks of life help us to get everything where it needs to go.
£11.40 p/h (days) to £13.70 p/h (nights).
Shift patterns available are:
- Lates: Monday to Friday, 15:00 – 19:30
Unwrap a new role
Just like Mr & Mrs Claus, you’ll play a key role in bringing Christmas to people across the UK! As a Mail Sorter, you’ll be unloading mail and parcels from our vans, moving them through our warehouses and ensuring that they arrive at their destination safely. During a single shift, you could sort over a million items with your team! It’s a very important role so flexibility, commitment and enthusiasm are key.
Our Christmas wish list for Mail Sorters
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- You’re proactive and detail-focused
- You’re flexible and happy to switch between various tasks during a shift
- You’re able to push trolleys (up to 250kgs) and lift and move mail bags (up to 11kg)
- You can comfortably stand for long periods
- You don’t need to have worked for us before (we love new people!), but experience in warehouse or sorting work is a plus. If you’ve worked for Amazon or another distribution company (such as DPD, DHL or XPO), then you’re definitely on our wish list too!
Fancy joining us this Christmas? Just click to apply.
- Please only apply for a Christmas role at one location. You may be considered for other sites in your local area, but multiple applications will be deleted.
- On your application, we’ll ask which hours you’d prefer to work. So that we can process your application effectively, please ensure that you choose one of the shift patterns above*. Shifts are offered on a first come, first serve basis. And while we try to be accommodating, flexibility is a must during our busiest time of year.
- If you’ve registered with Angard for Royal Mail work, you don’t need to apply for a Christmas casual role. Just visit: www.angardstaffing.co.uk and speak to an Angard representative for more information.
- We do our best to make Royal Mail a safe environment to work. This includes regular cleans of our warehouse and sorting facilities.
Can’t wait to get started? Our roles get snapped up, so complete each stage of the progress quickly to avoid disappointment.
*If you’re under 18, you can’t legally work night shifts.