Beech Grove Primary School
SEN Teaching Assistant
Application closing date: Tuesday 2nd November 2021 at midday
Interviews will be held on: Friday 5th November 2021
SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT – 32.5 hours per week, term time only
Fixed term, linked to pupil funding
Hourly rate ranging from £9.62 to £10.21 per hour, depending on experience
Monday to Friday 08:30 to 15:30 (term time)
To commence as soon as possible
An opportunity has arisen to join our highly inclusive and friendly school where pupils are keen to learn and strive to do their best.
This is an exciting time to join our school as we continue to build on our successes and see rising achievement for our pupils. We are committed to the professional development and wellbeing of our staff and offer high quality training and excellent career development opportunities.
In this role, you will be working as part of a dedicated and successful team to support the learning needs of pupils with an ‘Education and Health Care Plan’ (EHCP). Whilst a key part of this role is to support these pupils with their learning, the role may involve working with other pupils or groups within the class.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience working as a teaching assistant with primary age pupils
- has GCSE in maths and English, or relevant experience in the role
- is highly motivated, resilient and committed to helping pupils achieve their best
- is positive, proactive and solution focused
- has high expectations of themselves and the pupils they work with
- has excellent behaviour management skills
- can forge effective working relationships with pupils, staff, and parents
- is a strong team player who is committed to making a difference
- is reflective and keen to engage with continuing professional development
We can offer you a school that:
- has enthusiastic pupils who are motivated to learn and rewarding to teach
- is welcoming and friendly with a strong sense of team work
- has a highly skilled and cohesive team who strive to achieve high standards
- has excellent professional development opportunities
- is committed to ensuring all pupils meet their full potential
- is passionate about school improvement, is forward thinking and open to new ideas
- is governed by a strong and supportive Board of Governors
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please call or email the school office on 01823 662438 / email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Please email completed application forms to the email address above by midday on Tuesday 2nd November.
Beech Grove School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts require a police check through the disclosure process.