We have an opportunity to appoint a Senior Business Support Assistant, who will provide specialist high standard business support to the Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Statutory Team.
This post will ordinarily be based at County Hall in Taunton but due to the COVID Pandemic, the majority of staff are working from home.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will support Operational colleagues, being part of a busy administrative team carrying out a range of activities and providing cover within the team. There is a high turnover of work, therefore we are looking for committed, enthusiastic administrators with a range of skills, but essentially, demonstrating organisation, good time management, accuracy and tenacity.
You will be working within an established and pro-active SEND Business Support Team, ensuring compliance with the statutory process and to support children, parents, carers, schools and other partners.
A few things about you
The ability to handle work of a confidential nature, have sound communication, be flexible and being proactive are essential features of the post.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Andrea Matthews, Business Manager. Tel: 07970 108154.
Please note we aim for all recruitment activity to continue as expected, however due to COVID-19 all interviews for the time being will take place virtually over Microsoft Teams
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
Apply today for the Senior Business Support Assistant position today.