Senior Education Safeguarding Officer
The Education Safeguarding Service is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity to join our developing team as a Senior Education Safeguarding Officer on a fixed term contract until 31/03/2023.
SESOs cover specific regions of Somerset providing support and advice to other staff within the Education Safeguarding Service, schools around attendance and safeguarding practices as well as overseeing the delivery of the Local Authority’s statutory responsibilities regarding poor attendance, Elective Home Education and Children Missing from Education.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You would be part of a busy team of Education Safeguarding Officers, Education Safeguarding Assistants and Traveller Education Liaison Officers supporting children, families, schools and other services. You will hold a caseload, advising and supporting schools in a locality and working with parents and students to resolve issues around accessing education. Using specialist knowledge and experience of direct work with children and families, you will build, maintain and develop good working relationships with attendance leads, head teachers and other services concerned with the welfare and education of children.
A few things about you
Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing needs of the service is a necessary part of the role, making a positive and committed attitude a necessity. You will be a self-motivated team player who is able to act as a champion for children and families and support the Education Safeguarding Service to identify areas where our practice can be developed.
The salary for the role is Grade 11, ranging from £19,335 to £22,210 per annum.
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Jane Weatherill on 01823 355014 or 07976697042 or email email@example.com.
Interview Date: week commencing 22.11.2021
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
This job requires a criminal background check (DBS) via the Disclosure procedure.