Senior Finance Assistant
We require a talented, driven senior finance assistant to take responsibility for more technically challenging and complex elements of our transactional finance function. This person will be expected to carry out complex instructions and to implement process improvements and maintain up to date documentation. Ensuring the compliance (legal and regulatory) of the transactional team is a key part of this role.
This is not a management role, but is a hands-on subject matter expert role within the transactional finance team. This role will include additional key responsibilities in addition to duties covered by other finance assistants.
You will live and breathe our company values whilst building strong relationships with our database of stakeholders. You will also have the ability to influence and also seek out any opportunities for process improvement.
Location: Currently homebased, but office working will return in our office on East Reach Street (Taunton TA1)
- Ensuring key external compliance deadlines are met
- Responsible for elements of HMRC compliance reporting
- Offer ongoing assistance and support to both new and existing Accounts Team members
- To ensure that you are up to date on all finance processes and that you are able to assist in rolling these out within the department
- Ensuring all internal deadlines within the department are met
- Working closely with the management team, this person will be expected to develop subject-matter expertise in certain areas of the transactional finance function.
- Key responsibility of overall transactional functions.
- First point of escalation for disputed and queries on ledger transactions.
- Reporting against team targets
- Liaising with other departments regarding high level, complex queries.
- Play an active role in any ad hoc projects to deliver process improvements ensuring that these are completed within agreed timescales.
- Other duties in addition to key tasks which are within your skills and capability.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of all operations systems and ACCESS Dimensions or other finance systems
- Strong people development and coaching skills
- Ability to influence and work with a variety of stakeholders