Senior Finance Officer
This is an exciting opportunity to join Education Financial Services as a Senior Finance Officer providing accounting and financial support to schools and academies throughout Somerset. We are looking for a motivated and highly organised Senior Finance Officer to join our successful team.
We are willing to be flexible on working hours and whether the role is all year round (52 weeks per year) or term time only (39 weeks per year) please mention your preference within your application.
£21,073 to £23,981 per annum /£18,368 to £20,903 per annum for term time only – 39 weeks
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
It is a varied and challenging role and includes advising and supporting an allocation of schools and academies in financial administration and management. It also involves delivering training and operating an office-based helpline service.
A few things about you
You will be a team player who has accurate financial skills and can demonstrate excellent attention to detail. Ideally, you will possess knowledge and experience of using either SIMS FMS and/or PS Financials. You will be based in Taunton but must be prepared to travel to different bases throughout Somerset.
The full year salary is Grade 11, between £21,073 to £23,981 per annum.
For more information please contact Sue Wheeler, Education Financial Services Manager on 01823 358127 or via the helpline on (01823) 359984. Alternatively you can email SWheeler@somerset.gov.uk
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams.
Interviews – w/c 10th May
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
In this role you will need to speak fluent English. More information is in our job pack.
In this role you will require a criminal background check via Disclosure and Barring Service.
Share this job