We are looking for a highly motivated Children’s Social Care Solicitor/FCILEx with experience in this area of practice to share the management of our legal Social Care team (Children). Additional skills in Adult Social Care or Education would be desirable.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including some working from home, compressed hours, job shares and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
The salary of £52,391 per annum includes a recruitment allowance of up to £5,000 per annum.
A few things about you
You will be a confident communicator with excellent organisational skills. You will be required to work with a minimum of supervision and provide support to other members of the team.
You will have a flexible approach and a positive commitment to effective team working. Local authority experience would be an advantage.
We will support you in your continuing professional development. We also pay for the annual practising certificates for our Solicitors.
For an informal discussion please telephone Honor Clarke on (01823) 355022.
If this is a customer facing role you will need to speak fluent English
The salary for this role is £52,391 (salary includes a recruitment allowance of up to £5,000 per annum).
All interviews will take pace via MS Teams
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.