Senior Learning Support Worker
We’re currently looking for a Senior Learning Support Worker in Minehead where our Foxes Academy operates, the UK’s only fully operating training hotel for young people with learning disabilities.
Foxes is a very special place. We believe in changing lives and giving our students the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully shape their own futures. Our mission is to equip young adults with learning disabilities to find sustainable employment in the hospitality sector and to live independently.
As one of our Senior Learning Support Practitioners your role will be to assist House Team Leaders and Deputies in supporting our students in our residential houses and at Foxes Hotel. You will play a significant role in helping to achieve our mission which is to equip young adults with learning disabilities to find sustainable employment in the hospitality sector and to live independently
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a Senior Learner Support Practitioner (SLSP) you are expected to lead, support and guide, under the support and guidance of the House Team Leader/Deputy House Team Leader, all Student Support Practioners (LSPs) on your shift.
- As a SLSP you will be expected to carry out the same duties as an LSP, but with the additional duties of front line supervision and monitoring of LSP’s on shift.
- You will have additional responsibilities in Health and Safety. All of this will be with the support and guidance of the House Team Leader/ Deputy House Team Leader.
- As a SLSP you will be in charge of a shift of workers and will take responsibility for the smooth running of the service whilst they are on duty. You will respond to emergencies and provide guidance and support to LSPs under the support and guidance of the House Team Leader/Deputy House Team Leader. You will also participate in staff induction programmes as and when required.
- We expect you in your role as SLSP to take responsibility during your shift for any issues that may arise and take the appropriate action.
- As a SLSP we expect you to have high expectations of all students, and to constantly challenge and stretch each student at every opportunity.
- As a SLSP we expect you at all times, and under the guidance of the House Team Leaders/Tutors, to support the students in their learning, enabling them to reach their full potential.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar role desirable but training can be provided for the right candidate
- Experience in supporting in the care or education industry
- Desirable an understanding of working with people with a disability
- Level 2 in English and Maths
- Level 3 relevant qualification in either education or care
Want to Apply?
For more information or to request a job description please email: Natasha.email@example.com
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer.
Share this job