Pattern Cutter – Freelance
You will work closely with the Studio team and our Designers to achieve the best product for Temperley London, reporting to The Senior Pattern Cutter.
- Follow and take responsibility for patterns from conception through to production.
- You will discuss with the designers their sketches, drape and mock up toiles on the stand to develop the silhouette required.
- Take into account fabrics, develop finishes and details
- Convert toiles into functional and productive patterns that can be understood by our machinists and factories.
- Have skill with the Gerber CAD system to input, manipulate, create and adjust patterns.
- Attend fittings with designers and developers; make suggestions and notes to amend patterns and garments.
- Create the necessary specification paper work, with measurements and construction details using excel.
- Work out consumptions of materials and input into systems.
- Communicate and work closely with the sample machinists in making up garments and if necessary adjusting patterns accordingly
- Meeting and fitting bespoke customers.
Essential Personal skills:
- You will need to be self-driven, good at organising your time and have good communicationskills.
- Adaptable, flexible and thorough.
- Create styles by draping on the stand and flat.
- Able to use Gerber software above V8
- Manage your work flow effectively and work within a small close team
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Pattern cutter mostly in Designer or high-end High Street business.