Senior Support Worker
At Somerset Care, our values and culture is what makes us different. It is the culmination of all the things we do and the way we do them that makes us a very special company to work for.
We are looking for a Specialist Care and Support Worker, otherwise known as Senior Support Worker – Community to join the Community team working across Bridgwater, and the surrounding areas.
The best leaders are those who lead by example, so you’ll be a role model for delivering the warm and friendly service that our customers love. You’ll also be a coach, mentor and motivator to everyone on your team, helping colleagues to be the best they can be whilst ensuring our customers receive the specialist support they require to remain in their own homes. We need to work as one big team, so we’re looking for a passionate, innovative care specialist who can inspire others.
As a Specialist Care and Support Worker, you’ll want everyone in your team to give their all and they’ll take their lead from you. While you’re mentoring and supporting your team, you’ll always be learning more about your job too and developing new skills for the future. With training and support we will help you keep getting better and better.
The working hours for this role are on a shift basis 7am-2:30pm or 2:30pm-10pm Monday – Friday (plus alternate weekend cover) giving you a clear weekend off.
A Specialist Care and Support Worker role involves:
- Supporting our customers at times where extra support is required by accompanying them to appointments, shopping, preparing meals and helping with daily living routines including washing, dressing and personal care.
- Mentoring and supporting a team of Care and Support Workers to deliver high quality care which enables our customers to remain in their own homes
- Undertaking quality monitoring visits, actioning any points raised, and updating the Team Manager where appropriate.
- Setting up and designing care and support packages including carrying out initial assessments and reviews to ensure that the care we provide is tailored to our individual customers’ needs and packages are accurate and continually reviewed and up dated.
- Providing standby cover for our out of hours service.
What you’ll need:
- To be passionate about making a difference
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a team
- Level 2 in Care or equivalent
- A background in care or similar environment
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Good communication and organisations skills
- To work flexibly across shifts including weekends
- To be a car driver with valid driving licence
We can offer you so much more than a career, we offer the chance to gain qualifications whilst working, progression opportunities and many other fantastic benefits of working for a large care company, including the use of a company car. All we ask is that you are passionate about helping others.
About Home Care in Somerset
Managed by the Community Services Manager, our community team work together across Somerset to ensure every customer in our care gets the support they need in the least intrusive way, putting their comfort, happiness and safety first. Somerset Home Care supports the Taunton, Wellington, Minehead, Bridgwater, Cheddar, Frome, Street, Glastonbury, Yeovil, Crewkerne, Chard and surrounding areas. Find out more here
If you are ready to take a step as our Specialist Care and Support Worker, making a real difference to people living independently in their own homes and inspiring our Care Team, we would love to receive your application, or to find out more please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Somerset Care, so much more rewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………