Senior Tax Accountant
Having surpassed £2bn in sales in a record-breaking year and an ambitious growth plan in place, there has never been a more exciting time to join Screwfix. Our Commercial Finance function paves the way for our success. We are looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to provide compliance and advice for all tax matters within Screwfix, ensuring alignment with Kingfisher group tax team and optimising tax treatment across the business.
- Lead the Tax planning and compliance for Screwfix considering the future strategy of the business, group policy and local regulations. Recommend efficient tax structures and best practice solutions.
- Co-ordinate between Screwfix and Group Tax team to ensure that local compliance, controls design, documentation and operations remain consistent with Group policies and standards
- Anticipate and assess industry developments and legislation changes and deliver solutions.
- Provide technical support and expertise, particularly covering local VAT requirements, to the International expansion project.
- Responsible for review and submission of Corporate Tax and VAT returns, including analysis for Director sign off as required.
- Review internal procedures and ensure ongoing compliance with local VAT rules and implement new procedures as required.
- Develop International VAT compliance procedures.
- You will work alongside key stakeholders ensuring the business is compliant with its obligations (including audit, tax as well as other ad-hoc project work).
Required Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA or ACCA) with financial accounting and Tax background and experience of VAT essential, Tax qualification preferable. Technically up to date and aware of industry and legislative changes
- Experience in an international retailer with an understanding of European VAT regulations preferable.
- Strong working knowledge of financial accounting standards and their practical application (IAS & UK GAAP) and the self-drive and motivation to develop knowledge further.
- Proactive forward thinking team player with the ability to prioritise and work. accurately to deadlines and the determination to resolve queries in a timely manner.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills,
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com