Senior Visitor Experience Officer
If you love engaging with our visitors and interpreting our collections with inspiring events and ways to bring our works of art to life, we’ve got a fantastic opportunity for you.
What it’s like to work here
Fyne Court is a hidden gem in the heart of the Quantock Hills. You can explore this wild garden and discover pieces of its history hiding in the undergrowth.The estate was the home of the Crosse family who lived here until the house was destroyed by fire in 1894.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work with the Visitor Experience Manager to ensure every aspect of the visitor experience is shaped by our collection and delivers an exceptional experience to everyone every time. That involves delivering the program of events, with something new each season for our regular visitors and locals, as well as ongoing events to inspire our occasional visitors.
With our impressive collections, inspiring landscapes and centuries of history, there’s everything here to fire your imagination, to create events and deliver outstanding interpretation. You’ll work with the house team to understand our spirit of place, ensuring high standards of presentation and service as part of the visitor experience team.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to the end of this advert.
Who we’re looking for
This job is all about providing a service. To be fantastic in this role, you’ll need to;
- Experience of delivering inspirational engagement activities
- Have good people skills, enabling good working relationships with those in your team and across the property
- Understanding of marketing and communications, both physical and digital.
- Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to time manage projects successfully
- Have good interpersonal skills, able to deal with visitors in a variety of situations
- Have a flexible customer focused approach with experience in delivering high standards of customer service
- Experience of working with and supervising volunteers
- Empathy with aims of the National Trust, with genuine interest and knowledge of the work of the Trust
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.