An exciting opportunity has arisen for a SENIT Administrator to join our Virtual School & Learning Support Team / SENIT, on a 22.2 hours per week (3 day), term time (39 week) basis.
Somerset Virtual School and Learning Support Team / SENIT is a multi-professional team, with three key areas of focus. As a Virtual School, our role is to promote the educational attainment of Children Looked After by the local authority.
As such we work alongside schools, colleges, social care colleagues, and advisory teams to ensure our Children Looked After can achieve well. The Learning Support Team complements this offer by advising and supporting our schools and settings to be inclusive through fulfilling their statutory SEND duties and removing barriers for all learners.
The Special Educational Needs Integration Team (SENIT) works closely with the Statutory SEND Team, schools and alternative provision services, to support children and young people with an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) or a Child Looked After (CLA) and not currently on a school roll but transitioning between education placements.
SENIT supports children and young people by:
- helping to raise their self-esteem, resiliency and confidence in learning
- working with them towards achievable personal targets
- providing high quality one to one teaching at home, at a community venue or in schools as part of their integration back into education
- providing a range of bespoke, needs led alternative provision to compliment and enhance one to one teaching and support outcomes identified in the Educational Health Care Plan
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Working as part of an experienced and supportive team the role will involve providing administrative support to the SENIT Casework Officer who holds responsibility for managing the SENIT caseload in line with service policy and processes.
This will include a range of activities such as checking and monitoring of weekly reports, inputting casework data to recording systems, recording and tracking attendance, maintaining invoicing records, managing and responding to emails in the SENIT mailbox, managing monthly tutor expense claims and overseeing the day to day tutoring arrangements.
In addition, the role requires liaising with internal service tutors and tutors commissioned by the service from outside agencies, and alongside the SENIT Casework Officer, act as a point of contact for children, young people and their families.
We recognise the importance of a good work life balance and do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including some working from home, compressed hours and other arrangements, with agreement from your line manager.
A few things about you
You will be passionate about ensuring our children and young people of Somerset with EHCPs and CLA receive high quality educational provision that they are entitled to whilst transitioning between educational placements.
You will be proud of your service, and promote the education, achievement and wellbeing of all Somerset children and young people.
You will be an experienced administrator with recent experience in an office environment and with a range of skills which include using Windows applications, especially Outlook and Excel , using standard performance reporting systems to access/monitor collective performance information, and organising, minuting/recording a range of meetings. Experience relating to education and children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities will be an advantage.
The salary for the role is Grade 13, ranging from £10,076 to £11,125 per annum for 22.2 hours, term time only.
If you would like an informal discussion about this post please contact Fiona Turnbull, Deputy Head Virtual School Learning Support Team and Service Lead for SENIT on 07811 310045 or FTurnbull@somerset.gov.uk
Shortlisting Date: 3 November 2021
Interview Date: 11 November 2021
All interviews will be taking place virtually, via MS Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.