Liberty Protection Safeguards (LPS) Service Administrator
The post involves providing comprehensive, secretarial and administrative support primarily to the LPS & MCA Team and on occasions to the wider Safeguarding services, to ensure efficient and smooth running of the Liberty Protection Safeguards and Mental Capacity Act Team.
The postholder will be required to work in a very busy and demanding environment and should be flexible and adaptable whilst having the ability to prioritise work and use their initiative to make sound judgements.
The postholder will be required to provide a wide range of secretarial and administrative duties, including liaison with colleagues in partner agencies to enhance the service provision of the LPS and MCA Team across the Trust and with multi- agency partners.
Main duties of the job
- Communicates with a range of people from a range of different agencies
- To be one of the first points of contact for the LPS and MCA service
- provide secretarial and administrative assistance to LPS and MCA service
- responsible for intranet pages
- access clients records as appropriate, upload documents and retrieve information
- In the absence of the Lead or one of the Specialist Nurses or support workers within the team, to make informed decisions, where appropriate, based on a good understanding of work styles and nature of work.
- Participate in appropriate meetings, training and service development.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will to experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Meet and deal with colleagues within the Trust and other agencies in person and on the telephone in an appropriate manner, taking messages or actioning requests as necessary.
- Dealing with day-to-day correspondence, opening confidential and general mail and acting as appropriate, ensuring Service members are able to respond in a timely manner.
- To work with little supervision on a day to day basis, within agreed Trust Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure that any special arrangements required to facilitate the safe care of people using the service are accommodated, e.g. interpreters, staff safety requirements etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure that the service operates secure working practises that comply with information governance standards.
- Previous experience in admin role at band 3 or above
- relevant qualifications to support role