Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a Service Assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service. Do you enjoy helping people and providing a great service?
The Hours: Flexible hours available which includes weekend shifts; to be discussed at interview (No Evenings & No Split Shifts)
The Salary: £8.91 per hour
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until 31-Oct-2021
What it’s like to work here
Lytes Cary Manor is a relatively small property and as such has a really friendly atmosphere, making it a great place to work. It consists of an ancient manor house, dating from the fourteenth-century onwards, with beautiful gardens complete with a topiary Apostle garden, orchard and croquet lawn.
For more information about our property please visit
What you’ll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As the Service Assistant it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day. In this role, you’ll be;
- Working alongside a big staff team and volunteers in delivering outstanding customer service across the property
- Working across our welcoming and admitting visitors to the property, providing information and orientation
- Working on our property tills selling admission tickets, processing payments of activities and events and promoting our Growing Support strategy (Memberships/Donations/Fundraising)
- Promote events, offers, products and benefits of actively supporting the National Trust
- Support in the delivery of events at times throughout the year
- Support across the property/portfolio when required
Who we’re looking for
- A can-do attitude
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work well in a team or on your own
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.