Service Manager – Development
We’re looking for the person who has the creativity, the passion and the energy to lead the future development of Somerset Libraries.
Help us to deliver welcoming, inclusive, awesome library services. In return you will have the opportunity to push some boundaries, take a great step forward in your career, and work with some very talented people!
All in a beautiful part of the country.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Our Service Manager for Development leads a diverse development team working also as part of the Libraries Management Team contributing to the future vision and development of library services. In 2023 Somerset County Council will become a new single Somerset Council unitary authority with libraries as a core part of the provision of universal community services. We also have a programme of investment for the improvement of library buildings creating fresh, modern and welcoming library spaces.
A few things about you
If you enjoy a busy, fast moving work environment with the scope to lead and develop multiple projects, whilst acting as a lead advocate for libraries across the council and a wide range of partners, this could be a great career move. We need someone with the courage, the networking skills and the ambition to help lead a friendly but dynamic service.
For an informal chat, please contact David Hayden the current postholder on 07976691768 or via email DHayden@somerset.gov.uk) or Sue Crowley, Strategic Manager Library & Registration Services on 07977411581 or via email email@example.com)
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
A relocation package may be available
Interviews: 16 February 2022 via MS Teams
The salary for this role is £41,881 per annum
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.