Service Manager – SSE Outdoors
Support Services for Education (SSE) are looking to recruit an outstanding Service Manager responsible for managing SSE Outdoors.
SSE Outdoors consists of four residential, outdoor education centres and offers tailored outdoor learning experiences, day visits, and holiday activities. The service exists to enable young people to undertake outdoor learning to expand their horizons and enrich their lives and is happy to mix adventure, personal and social values, and education together to do so.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We are looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about providing excellent customer service and driving the service forward. The successful candidate will lead the existing staff team ensuring the continued successful delivery of a range of outdoor and adventurous activities. The post holder will be responsible for managing the Centre Managers who hold day to day responsibility for the centres as well as the Office Manager and the DofE Manager.
A few things about you
Although part of Somerset County Council the service relies on generating income to cover its costs and therefore candidates will require strong finance and business improvement skills, as well as significant managerial experience. Candidates should have substantial experience and skills gained at a senior level, along with significant knowledge and experience of the development, agreement, and delivery of service plans. Creativity and flexibility are a must, along with a positive, committed, and adaptable approach.
The salary for the role is Grade 7 – £47,391 per annum
We would love you to come and visit us if you are interested in the role. Please contact the Kilve Office on 01278 741270 to arrange a tour of our facilities.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Jo O’Callaghan on 07976 695689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are to be held week commencing the 20th December.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.