Sessional Social Worker – Kinship
The Kinship Team was established over 3 years ago with the remit to assess and support Connected Person Foster Carers and Special Guardians and we are in need of Sessional Social Workers to take assessments on request.
The focus of the work is assessing Connected Person Foster Carers and Special Guardians.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The work can often offer complexities that require a curious position to complete holistic and child-centred assessments, you will have excellent assessment skills and the ability to engage with children and their families effectively. We hold a focus on wellbeing and safety of the child and work hard to ensure that every effort is made for children to live with family members or connected people when they are unable to live with parents.
A few things about you
As a Sessional Social Worker, you will be responsible for carrying out robust kinship assessments, preparing and presenting reports to the courts and fostering panel, as well as equipping families to be able to manage the complex needs of the children they hope to care for. It will be beneficial to hold an understanding of how developmental trauma affects children, what attuned care they require from the adults asking to be assessed and what support could be offered to support the care of the children.
The salary for this role is £16.06 per hour
For further information or an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Michelle Udall, Team Manager, on 07977 410361, MUdall@somerset.gov.uk
We anticipate offering and conducting interviews ahead of the closing date for suitable candidates.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
From 1 April 2023 the County and District councils in Somerset will be replaced by a new single unitary authority – Somerset Council. It’s a genuinely exciting time to join us as we work together with the four district councils to deliver the new council for Somerset.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a car or bicycle for work
- Staff benefit scheme offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits, holidays, gym membership and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.