The shifts will vary from day to day including early and late starts but are planned in advance. You will also be required to work a set number of Sundays and/or Bank holidays which will be discussed this with you as part of our recruitment process. A minimum of 13 Sundays and or 4 Bank Holidays will be agreed with your Team Manager.
You will receive the appropriate premium payment for any hours worked on a Sunday and/or Bank Holiday.
You will be responsible for
As a Shift Leader, you will be working in a fast paced retail environment where no day is the same.
You will take ownership of store activities by running duty shifts, co-ordinating a team to deliver a clean and full store that exceeds customer expectations.
As the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will be constantly looking for ways to improve service in your store through on the job coaching and feedback
You will have a great understanding of how your store is performing and be the specialist in delivering practical actions for its improvement by taking a hands on approach.
With your guidance, your store will always remain a safe place to work and shop.
You will need
- To be able to role model giving great, natural customer service ensuring every customers needs are met
- To build strong, long lasting relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, encouraging them to be at their best
- To be a clear communicator and use a variety of methods to keep the team well informed
- Be confident in taking the lead as at times you will be in charge of the store.
- To be flexible in the way you think, making decisions efficiently and handling change to ensure everything we do is right for customers and colleagues
- To have energy and drive to deliver beyond expectations and balance priorities
- To always looking for ideas and opportunities to serve Britain’s shoppers a little better everyday.
What’s in it for you
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- 10% Discount Card increasing to 15% after every pay for a 4 day period
- Life assurance
- Retirement saving plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases
- Uniform provided
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues
Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness – Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn’t changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it’s our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it’s our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.