The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O’Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are pushing the boundaries of innovation and modern technology while delivering high quality construction on a massive scale. Bylor have already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete.
This is great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making history.
Purpose of the role:
To oversee and ensure that adequate & effective support is available to the Site Based Team. To manage the services required with maximum efficiency & expediency. To assist relevant teams with purchase order requests, invoice processing and tracking, processing timesheets, preparing documents for review, booking training and functions, preparing documents and formatting and other ad hoc administrative duties.
Key responsibilities and specific accountabilities:
- Support to the team as required in meetings including coordinating rooms and people.
- Take minutes, translate to meeting minutes for onward distribution and follow up on actions to ensure effective meetings held.
- Coordinate a schedule of Safety inspections
- Generate all internal KPI reports as required
- Support teams with asset management
- Raising requisition for materials and personnel
- Reporting issues as they arise through their line manager.
- Processing relevant reports, timesheets and documents as required
- Maintain stationery requirements as required.
- Booking rooms and functions
- Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure efficient administrative functions are completed as required.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Time management key to ensuring effective delivery in role.
- Strong and effective organising, planning and process work methods.
- A very confident manner.
- Experience as a team and with a variety of customers effective communicator across all platforms.
- Numerate, literate & accurate.
- Positive response to pressure with effective delegation skills.
- Experience in organising tasks and managing tasks required.
- Competent at performing routine checks and controls
- Able to work as individual or as part of a team.
- Self-starter with a ‘can do’ approach to tasks.
- Safety first ethos.
- Ability to adapt to the industry
- Confident in the use of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.