The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Bylor are recruiting for a Site Engineer to work with them on the Hinkley Point C Project.
Key responsibilities and specific accountabilities:
- Checks dimensions design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information.
- Responsible for supporting the production of methods statements and risk assessments to be approved by supervising engineers.
- Measures materials usage and provides quantity information for preparation of material call off/requisitions.
- Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment.
- Adopts and promotes a culture of ‘right first time
- Files and maintains the engineer’s drawings and specifications so that the current information is always available.
- Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specifications and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches.
- Effectively communicate technical information to the workforce and liaise with all functions and support services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes on the role of temporary works supervisor for their section of works and ensures temporary works are identified and the correct procedure is applied.
- Provides dimensional control for a section of work.
- Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) ensuring that evidence and witness sign off is achieved at every step.
- Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
- Raises Non- Conformance Reports (NCR) for all non-conformances and reports potential non- conformances.
- Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records if required
- Collates and files quality records for potential inclusion in quality assurance documentation
- Provide feedback to supervising engineers/managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist contractors, plant and designers being used on site.
Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of and experience in reinforced concrete is a must
- Desirable to have experience in the use of an EDM/Total Station Interpersonal Skills:
- A strong communicator with the ability to work within a team environment
- Respects other team members across all functions and has a one team approach.
- Presents a professional image and promotes the values of the project
- Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
- Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job