We are looking for a Site Foreman to join our infrastructure services team on our Somerset Highways contract to cover across Somerset as required, based in Dunball.
Working at Skanska as a Site Foreman you’ll be responsible for supporting the planning, supervision and safety of highways maintenance works in line with the Somerset Highways Contract. You’ll report into the Site Agent and be responsible for supporting the planning, supervision and safety of highway maintenance works in line with the Somerset Contract.
- Have daily control of all on site activities and enforcement of Skanska OWOW, policy, and procedure.
- Manage and supervise schemes on-site to ensure that work is carried out safely, in accordance with the HSEQ standards required by Skanska.
- Carry out efficient organisation of labour, materials, equipment, and subcontractor resources.
- Ensure Construction Phase Plans, method statements and safe systems of work are in-place before work is started and that required safety standards are always maintained.
- Ensure method statements and safe systems of work are updated where additional risks are identified on site.
- Ensure in-house and subcontractors site personnel are competent and fully trained to undertake their work.
- Liaise with commercial team and designers to manage changes identified on site
- Keep accurate records including site diary, records of works activities, resource allocations and as-built information.
- Ensure workforce are all certified, competent and fully briefed to enable safe undertaking of all in-house and subcontract works.
- Support the Area Manager to develop construction programmes and methodology utilising existing knowledge &experience as well as liaising with Key Supply Chain.
- Ensure compliance with Skanska QSE processes, procedures, reporting and performance requirements
- Have the ability to conduct toolbox talks, daily briefings & convey management instructions.
- Be willing to assume responsibility of Depot Site Agent during periods of absence.
We’re looking for:
- NRSWA (Operative / Supervisor)
- CSCS / CPCS
- Valid UK driving licence
- Experience of supervising highway maintenance works
- Detailed understanding of health and safety management, risk assessments, method statements and the requirements of CDM. Detailed knowledge of quality and environmental standards for highway improvement work.
- Good communication skills
- Experience of managing and supervising road operatives
- Able to keep/manage records of tasks (labour, plant and materials)
- NVQ level 3 Highway maintenance (preferable not essential)
- SMSTS/SSSTS (preferable not essential)
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.
Share this job