Site QHSE Manager
Location: HPC nuclear power station, Bridgwater, GB.
Responsible to: Jobsite Manager
FAYAT LIFTING is a Tier 1 Contractor for HPC project. We manufacture, transport, install, commission and maintain large capacity travelling cranes and other handling devices for the HPC Project.
FAYAT LIFTING is mobilizing on the HPC site and is looking for a Site QHSE Manager to strengthen its Site team.
You will join the Fayat Metal group via its new subsidiary in the United Kingdom on the HPC site.
You will be responsible for all quality management, quality assurance and quality control (QM / QA / QC).
You will be also responsible for conducting and enforcing Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) for the assembly activities of cranes and other handling equipment with the teams.
- Monitor the deployment of the QSE policy, nuclear safety culture and implement the action plan
- Implement the QSE management system of the UK subsidiary by integrating the NNB customer constraints and UK regulations for construction activities
- Participate in the creation of HSE deliverables for HPC site
- Support the project team in the implementation of possible certification (ISO 45001 and ISO 14001)
- Ensure QSE monitoring of our assembly activities including subcontractors, to ensure control and compliance with applicable specifications
- Manage documents and on-site activities quality controls
- Conduct audits to evaluate the effectiveness of systems and procedures, identifying and assisting implementing improvements
- Independent of site assembly and reports to the QHSE Project Manager
- Monitor QRAs by performing technical controls
- Raise awareness / control the respect of QSE rules
- Check equipment compliance (PPE, scaffolding…) with Job Site Manager
- Manage the monitoring of non-conformance and correctives actions with the Job Site Manager
- Participate and get involved in QHSE meetings on-site
- Be the commander and controller of response operations at the scene of an event in order to facilitate emergency response. (Incident Controller)
- Manage the security of FAYAT LIFTING staff on site
- Report to project management
- Excellent and topical knowledge of Quality Management Systems, mainly ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 9001:2015.
- Familiarity and experience with UK regulations
- Good Nuclear Safety Culture
- Strong leadership skills to constantly drive safety and quality improvements.
- Ability to successfully lead and work in a matrix organization, work with complex, multidisciplinary structures.
- Ability to compile and read technical and statistical data (blueprints, drawings,procedures) and prepare technical and analytical reports.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Excellent motivational and people skills.
- A very good command of spoken and written English is essential. Good oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of French is a plus.A “hands-on” implementer of processes and change
- Excellent computer skills.
- Full current driving licence.
- Ability to adapt to new roles.
- Ability to maintain Company integrity through confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to promote the Company.
- Ability to travel punctually in France
Candidates will preferably hold one of the following qualifications:
- Level 6 in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent,
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Certified Internal Quality Auditor for ISO 9000/9001:2015 will be beneficial.
- Degree in Engineering/Environmental Science, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technology or related discipline.
- One year QHSE experience in the nuclear or similar regulated sector.
- 2 years of experience in the industrial sector.
- Proactive management, on-boarding and development of the supply chain Successful deployment of Quality tools and techniques.
It would be great if candidates are site pass holders (or could easily have a site pass reinstated) however this is not essential and preferably have had prior experience of:
- Welding operations
- Lifting operations
- Occupational health of the workforce
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this page