Skanska are currently looking for Operatives to join their highways team in Yeovil.
Our Highways team keep communities moving. Join them to help construct and maintain roads with Somerset Highways in a role that’s ideal for anyone that enjoys manual outdoor work and is willing to pitch in and support winter and emergency maintenance out of hours activities on a standby rota.
- Undertake out of hours winter maintenance and emergency works
- Work on Highways furniture, equipment and similar fixtures (e.g. Erection, maintenance, fixing and/or dismantling)
- Drive all of the plant and equipment necessary for the required disciplines for maintenance and drainage on Highways and Network
- Take responsibility for vehicles/plant/materials in your charge
- Where appropriate provide direction/supervision of the work to less experienced operatives
We’re looking for:
- Clean driving License
- A commitment to Health and Safety
- Good communication skills and basic literacy and numeracy
- Ability to undertake a high level of manual work and work outdoors in all weathers – you will be required to assist in Winter Maintenance duties
- New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Operative Accreditation
- LGV Class C driving license OR demonstrate capability to support investment of LGV Class C training during probationary period
We will offer you:
- Excellent earning potential through overtime
- On-going training and career development opportunities to fully realise your potential
- 21 days annual leave
Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you’re involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you’ll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.