Yeo Valley Farms
You will work as an important part of a team supporting the production or supply chain team on our Cannington site. Whilst ensuring a safe working area, you will undertake routine operational tasks, which may include operation of equipment, whilst following procedures/ instructions to support the production and delivery of our fantastic products to our customers.
You will support the delivery of daily KPI’s and targets, ensuring high levels of efficiency and food safety standards, whilst working as part of our operations team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Health & Safety by working in a safe manner, role modelling our safety behaviours, challenging unsafe practices, rectifying unsafe conditions and escalating to other team members when support is needed.
- Active involvement and commitment to the quality management system, making sure all relevant controls and procedures are completed effectively to validate food safety controls and the products we make exceed customer and consumer expectations. Escalate any food safety breach or quality issue and ensure that any product below our standards is identified and held and the issues are escalated appropriately, resolved and released.
- Understands and adheres to good manufacturing practices and company standards of hygiene, PPE, and dress code. Practices a ‘Clean as You Go’ approach, maintaining workplace organisation and visual management standards.
- Effective operation of equipment to support the delivery of the highest quality of products.
- Support fault finding on equipment to identify and fix the root cause, escalating for support when required.
- Ensuring all equipment is properly cared for by the completion of effective cleaning and basic maintenance tasks.
- Works well as part of a team, playing an active part in team and business successes. Engages with the daily challenges and opportunities and works effectively with others to overcome.
- Work with site teams to ensure effective use of raw materials and resources, active involvement in improvement projects, activities and events aligned to the team and site objectives.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of downtime and raw material usage in an area.
- Ownership for specific changeover activities and material replenishment in your area/asset, optimising resources and raw material yield.
- Supports and offers informal guidance to other members of the team, sharing best practice, supporting their induction and offering advice to support the development of high performing teams.
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- Good team working skills
- Able to undertake manual tasks
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Relevant work experience in a production environment
- Basic food hygiene
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Experience as a machine Operator in a production environment
Why should I join the family?
We’re independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UK’s major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including:
- competitive holiday allowance
- non-contributory pension scheme
- life cover
- healthcare cash back plan
- cycle to work scheme
- subsidised Yeo Valley products and services
- preferential rates with our partners
- learning and development opportunities; we’re committed to ensuring all of our employees have the chance to grow
Our closing dates are a guide for when the application window should close, although we may close the advert sooner if we can. So, we recommend you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us!
Unfortunately, we’re not able to provide employment sponsorship to candidates at this moment in time.
Please note that Yeo Valley do not accept speculative agency applications; we will only accept applications from preferred suppliers that have been submitted to us via our recruitment portal at the point of instruction.